Any ARMA3 fanboys?

Clockworkmark31
Clockworkmark31 Posts: 1,053
edited September 2015 in The Crudcatcher
With the PS4 gathering dust due to a lack of games I want. And getting frustrated with FSX and the frame rates.

Came across a you tube video of ARMA3 and thought it looked good. Any other fan boys or girls here who's brains I can pick before I purchase it. Mainly to do with the hardware spec list.

Forgot to include the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qPm-mu671A

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    With the PS4 gathering dust due to a lack of games I want. And getting frustrated with FSX and the frame rates.

Came across a you tube video of ARMA3 and thought it looked good. Any other fan boys or girls here who's brains I can pick before I purchase it. Mainly to do with the hardware spec list.

Forgot to include the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qPm-mu671A

Sorry CODY, not really into the gaming thing as these dead hookers are taking some burying. You tried asking in the hub?
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Looks about as much fun as plucking my arse hair.
  • It's a very good game if you like milsim sort of games. It's not a fast action shooter like Call of Duty.

System wise, it is quite resource intensive. Need decent GPU (2GB+), CPU(3GHz+) and I'd suggest a minimum 8GB of RAM if you want to play it with FPS above 30. Single player is utterly pointless, multiplayer is good though. The player made content is insane and - most importantly - free.
  • Thanks, and please don't call me cody!

I like sim type games more as they require some thought, COD just gets annoying when you have some chump come upto you jumping around and knifes you bye bye kill streak.

Looks to have some level of realism for a game.
  • It's a very good game if you like milsim sort of games. It's not a fast action shooter like Call of Duty.

System wise, it is quite resource intensive. Need decent GPU (2GB+), CPU(3GHz+) and I'd suggest a minimum 8GB of RAM if you want to play it with FPS above 30. Single player is utterly pointless, multiplayer is good though. The player made content is insane and - most importantly - free.

I've started going for the sim games more now. But always find the recommended spec is no where near good enough.

Think I need to look at upgrading first as my spec looks old now. Radeon HD5870 (1GB), stock Q6600 (2.4GHz) and 8GB of RAM.
  • StarCraft 2 legacy of the void out soon.. that will be the win!

I've started going for the sim games more now. But always find the recommended spec is no where near good enough.

Think I need to look at upgrading first as my spec looks old now. Radeon HD5870 (1GB), stock Q6600 (2.4GHz) and 8GB of RAM.

Yeah, I think your GPU and CPU will struggle with it. You could probably play it on very low settings, but it's a very pretty game when played on higher settings. You have whole islands to play with - the default map which comes with the game is 240 square kilometres. With towns, cities, settlements and some spectacular scenery.

If you like milsim, you'll love this game. There's nothing like it. The British military use a modified version of Arma3's predecessor called VBS2 and several other nations' militaries use VBS3, which is more up to date with Arma3. It really is the best simulation out there.
  • StarCraft 2 legacy of the void out soon.. that will be the win!

I can't get in to sci-fi or make believe games. Not saying they are bad, but just not for me.

Yeah, I think your GPU and CPU will struggle with it. You could probably play it on very low settings, but it's a very pretty game when played on higher settings. You have whole islands to play with - the default map which comes with the game is 240 square kilometres. With towns, cities, settlements and some spectacular scenery.

If you like milsim, you'll love this game. There's nothing like it. The British military use a modified version of Arma3's predecessor called VBS2 and several other nations' militaries use VBS3, which is more up to date with Arma3. It really is the best simulation out there.

It will be my first milsim game and it is from the videos that I have seen that have won me over. I will look into the versions used I thought it was Arma3 with some plugins like FSX. I remember one of my collegues always mentioning a milsim flight simulator but can't remember the name of it.

I think I need to start upgrading the computer first. Now how to turn a BTX case to accept ATX. Will not part with the chassis on my PC. Stunning design.