I was wondering if someone could tell me if my wheel is badly untrue
In this video

https://youtu.be/3o53H0YIaV0

Is it dangerous??

Regards

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You need to check your privacy settings.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • What do you mean?
  • Does it work now?
  • Yes, but that might be just the tyre, but maybe not
  • Is it within acceptable tolerance or should I get it looked at?

Cheers
  • Who knows. Need to see the rim and its deflection
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The wheel could be perfectly true and the tyre distorted, so you need to remove the tyre and check again.

If the wheel is that far out it needs truing as the loading on it will just make it worse until it buckles and you need a new rim, or the tyre starts hitting the frame and ruins that for you (you would be amazed at how fast a tyre can wear an aluminium frame).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I recently had the tyres replaced by a bike shop and they didn't mention this movement in the wheel. To be honest I'm not very good at taking things apart, so if that wobble might be unsafe I might have to take it back in.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You really need to be able to fix a puncture and replace a tyre.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    As CD says going out on a bike unable to fix a puncture is taking a big gamble, so now is the ideal time to learn how to remove the wheel and tyre to change a tube.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.