Spamhaus - is this legit?

RonB
RonB Posts: 3,984
Hi Folks

Problems being experienced trying to post on my iPad atm. Error suggests that there is a spam filter being activated. I have been redirected to Spamhaus.org and asked a lot of questions to unblock the IP address/ domain from several blacklists (SBL, PBL and CBL). The IP being quoted is not the same as the one which shows up on my iPad in "settings".

So, I just wanted to check with the experts whether this was legit and if I should try to carry out this unblocking, or is this some sort of phishing exercise being attempted by a third party.

Please advise. Thanks and all the best, RonB.

Apologies if I am posting in the wrong place :roll:

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Spamhaus is a IP "cop" orgainisations can subscribe to if and use its services to try and keep spammers off forums.

I am not aware if this has been added to this site.

Some info. Was this topic made on the iPad or via another device?

If iPad only then you need to see what the IP is. Now if this is on your home network then I would say something is up.

But if when out and about then maybe.

But my feeling is something is no quite right. But I have no idea what has been implemented on here.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • RonB
    Thanks for the reply. IPad working through home wifi at the time, so I'll do a bit more research and contact ISP for further help if this persists.

Edit - this post seemed ok!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so now you are at work?

using work WiFi or 4G?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • RonB
    Home wifi. The one that was giving me the spam mesage early yesterday. All seems well, I will check with ISP if this problem happens again. Cheers.
  • Home wifi. The one that was giving me the spam mesage early yesterday. All seems well, I will check with ISP if this problem happens again. Cheers.

Hi there RonB,

We do not use a service called 'SpamHaus'. I do not know what has triggered this site to interact with you, however I would be cautious about using it. Please get in touch if this happens again as we would like to investigate why and how this site is appearing.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Best wishes

Bonny
    Part of the BikeRadar Digital Team - Interim Community Manager (holiday cover for AndyEd)