Mondraker foxy R chain stay protection?

alexjim
alexjim Posts: 48
edited September 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi I purchase a Mondraker foxy r 2015 on Saturday and realised that on all the website I look if you at the photo it comes with a chain stay protection. All of you who have this bike did it come with the chain stay protection?
Thanks
Alex

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Must admit that's the first time I've noticed that on alloy foxy's! I work in Mondraker dealer and none of the alloy Foxy's we've had come through (and there's been A LOT of them) have had any chainstay protector on. The reason all the images show them is likely because the image is the same and everyone uses the same one. Sadly little things like this are not always actually included with the bike, hence why many will have a note on their website stating the image is illustration and the product may differ slightly from what is shown. I'd try getting why you bought it from to speak to Silverfish UK and see if they have any, but given the amount i've seen without them I wouldn't hold out much hope. They don't look anything fancy, a lizard skins protecter would do just as good a job and aren't mega bucks.
  • Thanks Lawman I got a lizard skin one
    Must admit that's the first time I've noticed that on alloy foxy's! I work in Mondraker dealer and none of the alloy Foxy's we've had come through (and there's been A LOT of them) have had any chainstay protector on. The reason all the images show them is likely because the image is the same and everyone uses the same one. Sadly little things like this are not always actually included with the bike, hence why many will have a note on their website stating the image is illustration and the product may differ slightly from what is shown. I'd try getting why you bought it from to speak to Silverfish UK and see if they have any, but given the amount i've seen without them I wouldn't hold out much hope. They don't look anything fancy, a lizard skins protecter would do just as good a job and aren't mega bucks.
    Alex