National Cycle to work day tomorrow!

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,120
edited September 2015 in Commuting chat
So, what can we expect, on this momentous day (which also coincides with the anniversary of the outbreak of WW2 (for Britain, at least) which may be an unfortunate coincidence!)

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    I am going out to get drunk this evening - so will be on the tube with a hangover; even that is better than the double dose of noddergedon
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    It has not been particularly well advertised so i doubt there will be much difference and it also coincides with the return to school so even less bikes.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Day off tomorrow so one less cyclist to my workplace, although numbers are noticeably thinning already now the weather is decidedly autumnal!

Still trying to cajole work into introducing a C2W scheme.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I'll be driving tomorrow as I have to take 2 visitors to a site.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I'll be cycling to work as always. However, tomorrow I'm going to do an extra long route in. Reckon it'll be somewhere between 10 and 20 miles, rather than the usual 2.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    I think you'd only know about this if you read cycling relating things in which case you probably already ride to work if you can.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    literally (or is that figuratively) only saw a poster for it at work today left ontop of someones desk cabinet, so not even displayed on the normal poster board, not sure if theyd just printed it out & forgot about it or what good its doing there, and just seen a couple of tweets...so yeah I dont think theres going to be masses cycling to work for a change tomorrow.
  • vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    Couple of extra nodders this morning. Otherwise business as usual.
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Couple of extra nodders this morning. Otherwise business as usual.

Yup, same here. Although lots of extra people 'cos the schools are back and everyone's back off holiday.

Plus it was fluffing freezing this morning!

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • I'm a Sustrans active travel champion for my office, and have offered free grub (muffins, fruit, etc) to anyone who cycles in this morning.

Had one taker so far. I suspect I might be eating most of it myself :D

There's a future for you in the fire escape trade...
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    5uawkpN.png?2

Took a roundabout route into the office... 23 miles instead of 2. :D
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    My work cummute is from Darlington to Durham, 52 miles and 3000ft. It was wetting it down and colder than a nun's chuff. It was also the start of the new school term and I'm a secondary school teacher. Did I cycle? did I heck.

I'll do the commute in the summer months, but only then.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    5uawkpN.png?2

Took a roundabout route into the office... 23 miles instead of 2. :D

Nice to see the spirit of the SCStats still alive and kicking 8)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • By pure coincidence I cycled into work again yesterday! Been off the bike for 8 weeks :(
    Originally I took a week off as I was feeling tired and had a dirt bike race on the weekend but then I went and hurt my ankle so took another two weeks off to heal better ...........and broke the habit / will to cycle. Not helped by another hard crash in a race and several weeks of crappy weather. The 25 miles into work wasnt too bad but coming home last night was hard work after being off the bike so long. Need to start hammering out the miles again as I've put on way too much weight :(