CAAD12 2016 or Supersix evo 2015

fenners81
fenners81 Posts: 9
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Supersix Evo for me. No brainer; same price, near identical spec apart from the frameset.

And it's got easily serviced / adjusted Shimano hubs, which I like. You may prefer the simplicity of trash / throw / replace cartridge bearings in the Aksiums on the CAAD.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Have you seen the "Wheelies Cannondale bargain" thread ?
    If your not stuck with Evans for some reason (bike2worrk etc) then wait for the next voucher code emails to come out from Wheelies or Tredz and get a proper bargain , providing they have your size.
    Sure the new Caad 12 will be excellent but the Supersix racing I've ordered for the same price is surely a better deal.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • I am using the cycle to work scheme. I guess this counts me out of the discounts! Have you got a link for the bike you've just ordered?

Thanks
  • I was looking at those 2 for cycle to work next year...why would you choose the supersix over the caad? Have you tried both or is it just because of the carbon thing? Cheers
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Not just because it's carbon, but that it's a very good carbon frameset, and I do like a bargain.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Try Paulscycles, they do reduced price bikes on bike2work and allow you to top up with cash or card if your company limits how much you can have on bike2work.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    I have a supersix and also a CAAD8 and if I ever manage to save enough money to get a new bike I would seriously consider the CAAD12 for racing.
  • Thanks for all the advice. I've decided to go for the supersix but now am wondering which one to choose. Evans have the one from the link I posted for around £1280 but they have the standard supersix 105 for £1080. I think the only difference is the brakes and wheels. Is the evo 5 worth £200 more?
  • I got the Supersix Evo Racing edition a few weeks back and it's fantastic. The paint job is fine by me. It goes like the clappers and is super responsive.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    I may be late to this discussion.
    I've got a 2011 CAAD10 105 which is now my winter bike and a 2013 SuperSix Evo ultegra di2 and I'm thinking of changing the supersix for a CAAD12.