Bike lights that don't use USB and are bright?

vivlahen
vivlahen Posts: 2
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I'm after some good bike lights, main use for commuting but also for touring - ideally I'd like decent battery powered lights as USB's aren't practical when touring in the countryside :wink: Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as I'm struggling to find any that aren't USB rechargeable.

Thanks

Comments

• DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Touring? Chances are you'll need bright and long-lasting lights, and therefore powerful batteries, which mean rechargeable packs. Why not go the Dynamo route?
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Hope Vision 1
    B&M ixon IQ

Both good lights that run on AA batteries. I use a Vision 1 from time to time and it's a decent light.

For most touring applications though, you rarely need lights - the only time we tend to need them when touring is riding the bike to a pub or restaurant of an evening (especially in Equatorial areas when the sun goes down so early).

Dynamo is a sensible way forwards as well and we run one on the main touring bike. The big advantage also comes with the ability to charge phones and garmins etc. from the Dynamo so we can be pretty off grid when touring.