Quick question bottom bracket spacers

wayne10244
wayne10244 Posts: 65
edited September 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi the bottom bracket width on my frame is 73mm! Now I looked on the fsa website and it says that you don't use any spacers? I going to run double ring chain set 10 speed. Now I tried fitting the bottom bracket with out the spacers and I can't tighten it all the way as the left side is not flush with the frame so do I need spacers ? :?:

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    So you have an FSA BB Cups and arms?

And FSA say you don't need any.

I would be checking that everything is aligning correctly internally.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Yes got the fsa bottom bracket and arms as I got a new frame and swapping thing over the only difference is the old frame was 68 instead of 73mm. Everything is lined up ok only the left hand side there was a gap when I tighten it as it was not flush with the frame not like the right hand side was. If I use a spacer I think that it would fill the gap ?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Or maybe the threads are full of cr@p and just need cleaning out, then you can install the cups correctly.....before bogging it, find out why it won't fit, for example out the frame will it go together just leaving a 73mm gap or not?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Had a look on the fsa website and for my crank set you use one spacer on the drive side so that will take out the gap on the left side as my crank set are carbon fibre thanks for your replies