Shimano RS685

rozzer32
rozzer32 Posts: 3,919
edited September 2015 in Cyclocross
I'm looking at getting the RS685 hydro disc brakes. Now I run euro style levers with the left doing the front brake and the right doing the rear brake.

Shimano have got the "easy bleed" system where you can select which shifter controls what brake but it seems not all retailers have the "easy bleed" and just have the standard lines which you connect with an olive.

Now does anyone know if it's an easy job to swap the shifters around? Just that I think with the standard joining system the right is set up for the front brake as standard.
***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,440
    You can order them with the option of having the left hand lever as the front brake. I ordered mine from, I think, bike24 in Germany as no-one else was stocking them at the time and chose the left hand front brake option.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,919
    You can order them with the option of having the left hand lever as the front brake. I ordered mine from, I think, bike24 in Germany as no-one else was stocking them at the time and chose the left hand front brake option.

I'm planning on getting them from bike24 as they're about £70 cheaper than anywhere else. I emailed them and they said they come with the standard fitting system and the front brake on the right side. But as it's the standard connecting system I can't see why I can't just swap the cables and use a new olive when connecting them back up.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****