Time Skylon vs Pinnarello f8 vs 2016 Madone vs S-Works Tarma

mtnbikerva1
mtnbikerva1 Posts: 18
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
I am looking to buy a new bike and not finding any info on the Time SKYLON.
I have a all 6/4 Ti Lynskey Litespeed Vortex. So the new bike must be better than the Vortex. I am not interested in a 1 dimensional bike.
MUST have/be:
smooth not a jackhammer ride.
Light
sprint well
climb well
descend well
corner well
good on none smooth roads
ok in the rain
a good warranty and company backing it.
A great all around bike!
I rode the 2015 F8 with the Cervelo R5 and did not like the R5=harsh.
F8 seemed nice in all aspects.
What have you all experienced?

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Define better ?
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    So you need the weight of an R5, the aero properties of the Madone, the confidence of the Tarmac, the dampness of the F8, the geometry of your old Vortex and the uniqueness of the Skylon?

What you actually need are a set of wider tyres and a bike which you think is pretty.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Always the pretty bike, pretty much for reasons Grill stated and that the prettiest will get you out.
    Maybe ask Cervelo for their project cal frame depending on budget?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    I picked up my Time Skylon Aktiv just over two weeks ago and from your list of requirement this could just be the bike you're looking for !

I've only covered a couple of hundred miles on it, so I'm still getting familiar with it. One thing I'll say is I'm not convinced the extra money spent on the Aktiv fork is money well spent, I suppose time will tell !

One more thing, the bike is beautifully built and finished. I also have a Look 675 and the quality is not unto the standard of the Time.