• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Very little. You won't make a living out of it.
  • No, but you'd make loads if you could get paid by type size.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    You could make some money fixing them for a race team, or working on them in a shop. If your plan is to get old bikes, do them up and sell them . . . I doubt you could make a living wage at it.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The second hand market is the cheapest I have ever seen it. Very hard to sell stuff at what you think is a reasonable price.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    What Sonic says. I have had a big clearout and sold 3 bikes recently (Vitus Rapide carbon HT, Mongoose FS and Saracen HT) and I reckon if I had sold them a year ago I would have got 2 or 300 pound more than I got in total. As for selling components that are 9 speed and 26 inch standard you might as well give them away there are tons for sale at rock bottom.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • I smell a Cody, or am I just paranoid?
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS - NOW GONE
    NUKEPROOF MEGA TR 275 COMP
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Can't be Cody. This one just posts once and can't seem to find the thread again.

Cody wouldn't shut up.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • AndyEd
    AndyEd Posts: 171
    Again.

Dayling - please dont do that with the massive text. It is shouty and unpleasant for others.
    Coodad, Kirby, Angus - stop winding the OP up this is the second such time from some of you in the last short while.

If Super, and other seasoned cyclists can reply to the question with civility so can you, otherwise please omit to reply. That's the second warning for some of you. I know you love it, it's great sport but your killing any conversation here.

Actually this is a question that offers the scope for some discussion. So, please discuss.
    BikeRadar Community
  • Right I'll be serious,

I think the only way you can truly make money from second hand bikes is on an industrial scale, churning loads of them out for not much profit and as supersonic said most bikes prices have dropped massively that selling them at a profit will be nigh on impossible.
    It probably doesn't help that Go outdoors / Halfords / decathlon can produce decent bikes for not too much cash.
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS - NOW GONE
    NUKEPROOF MEGA TR 275 COMP
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA
  • Custom Choppers.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL