TT help: Felt IA2 or Cervelo P3?

Caro07
Caro07 Posts: 8
edited August 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I'm buying a TT bike. I've been measured and advised on a few options and have narrowed it down to either a Felt IA2 or Cervélo P3 Ultegra Di2. The third option is a BMC TM01 (w/ Di2) but Evans doesn't currently have my size and I think the Felt or Cervelo would be better.

Does anyone have opinions on which is the better bike? The Felt is a grand more but on sale and I'm sure I could justify it to myself... however current justification largely revolves around it being a bit yellow and there not being as many around, which is not good reasoning.

Helpful input much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Of those two the P3 all day long. The IA will only be (marginally) faster at high yaw, which isn't reflective of actual TT conditions.

That said, you can do better than either of those. If a 52 (small) works for you buy this Plasma 3 from Westbrook and kit it out with the Ventus II (or TriRig Alpha) and a TriRig Omega. You'll be faster than both for less. http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-plasma-premium-hmx-tt-tri-frameset-with-11-speed-ultegra-di2-electric-pack-2014-p232525.

Also, I'd consider looking used at the Giant Trinity, Specialized Shiv TT, Trek Speed Concept or any other superbike. Of course, first make sure that the geometry on anything you purchase is appropriate.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Caro07
    Caro07 Posts: 8
    Thanks Grill, and for your comments on Slowtwitch!