Sportful Fiandre Light Wind Jersey - fits into pocket?

ben-----
ben----- Posts: 573
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
Anyone have a Sportful Fiandre Light Wind Jersey? (long sleeve that is) Does it fit OK into a jersey back pocket or not? Also how warm can the weather be before it gets too warm to wear this jersey? Thanks.

Comments

• akastana
    akastana Posts: 66
    It's a little bulky to fit in a jersey pocket, really you should wear it as a jersey rather than a jacket (hence the name) it's good from Zero to about 12deg and very breathable - not as water resistant as some of the other fiandre products but awesome for cold dry days. If you you want something that'll go in a pocket look at the NoRain top or WS Light Jacket...
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Love my Sportful No Rain Stretch jacket. Very waterproof and very packable (easily sits in a jersey pocket in its own mini stuff sack), but trade off is breathability. It's not bad (certainly not boil in the bag) but you will end up wet on the inside if wearing for the duration of a hard ride. I always take it "just in case", although has alsobeen used to great effect to keep the wind off on cold return legs in the winter. I presume the Fiandre garments are less waterproof but more breathable, so horses for courses...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    Nah won't really fit in to a pocket. It's a proper bad weather top not a shell. What problem are you looking to solve?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ben-----
    OK, thanks for that.
    Nah won't really fit in to a pocket. It's a proper bad weather top not a shell. What problem are you looking to solve?

Right, I'm after something lighter and less warm than that. It's for when it's cold setting off but going to warm up later, or the other way round, likely to get too cool later on for just a short sleeve jersey. Something to go over SS jersey and take off and put in pocket. I did have a Sportful Pista long sleeve jersey which was OK, fitted into pocket in a manor. Something just a bit warmer than that might be good or I'll just get another Pista.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    Sounds like you need a windproof gilet and arm warmers. Sportful Fiandre light no rain gilet type thing.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ben-----
    Sounds like you need a windproof gilet and arm warmers. Sportful Fiandre light no rain gilet type thing.

OK, thanks, I'll look into that. Cheers.
  • zak3737
    zak3737 Posts: 370
    I've got the Sportful Fiandre Light No Rain jacket, & it fits into a pocket easily, no hassle at all.
    Have worn it once on a wet ride, and it did a great job, ok its not 100% WP, but easily good enough in reality, and very breatheable.
    Similarly, great to carry for when it cools off, or as you start off, as the Windproofing on the front & arms is fantastic, and keeps you nice & snug once things get cool.
    Highly recommend.