Newbie Returns

Dwabo81
Dwabo81 Posts: 8
edited September 2015 in MTB beginners
Evening All! After a few years away from biking..I've decided its about time I get off my lazy ass and get back into some sort of healthier lifestyle...as well as a way to burn the energy off the lad!
I've settled on a Saracen TuffTrax Disc Hardtail..after a couple of weeks of looking around for something suitable..at what I hope is a good price too..which wont break the bank... as I'm not sure my dodgy knackered back will hold up or not due to a long back injury and nerve damage in my feet/legs.. so at least if I cant get back into it...I should be able to recoup some money...
http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Saracen-TuffTrax-Disc-Mountain-Bike-2015-Hardtail-MTB_72871.htm
Anyway...lets hope its the start (again) of a great hobby and a way to enjoy the great outdoors and the stunning UK scenery and some quality father / son time along the way.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not the best spec for the money, in fact rather poor, the fork is also very poor with no damping.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Dwabo81
    Dwabo81 Posts: 8
    What can I get for around the £250 mark?
  • jj93
    jj93 Posts: 35
    At the moment CyclesUK have a sale (don't they all!), but the internet prices have not been updated to the sale prices. You'll have to go in to your local store and see the sale prices. Yesterday I got a good deal on a bike for £130 less than the price on their website. Gotta be worth a look-see.
  • To be honest I've only got 2 bike shops within about 20 miles of each other and a Halfords...And I've looked at all and they are either cr4p or uber expensive and way out of reach..
    To be honest, as long as it'll see me through country paths and trails with the wee one it doesn't have to be mega expensive.. Just functional without breaking the bank...
    Other than halfords and the 2 other shops I think it's going to have to be an online purchase and For £250 I don't think I'm going to get a lot more for money..
    But if anyone can recommend a bike for £250 in a medium or 18" frame feel free to point me in the right direction.…
  • With that money just get a bike and start riding - have fun!
    Stay positive people :)
  • With that sort of money youre looking at a Carerra Vengeange or simmilar, not a great fork and the brakes are mech-disk rather than hydro but its a good starter bike, I just recently racket up my 1000th mile on a 2014 model, so it can't be that bad, for what it's worth I really like it.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/carrera-vengeance-mens-mountain-bike-2015