Rider emergency information systems

sheepsteeth
sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
edited August 2015 in MTB general
So, my mate just took delivery of a bell helmet which has a 1 yr subscription to icedot.org.

this means his bike helmet has a sticker on it with a text number and a PIN. The system requires him to register his details and it means that in an emergency, someone can text the number on his helmet and enter his pin and any medical information and contact details canbe displayed.

it seems like a brilliant idea for people out riding. if they get knocked out and cant answer questions a paramedic might ask, the details can be found out really easily. They even make a device which connects to your phone and can automatically send your loction details in an accident.

is there any other system out there which does this?

If not, do any of you guys carry easy to find emergency details on your kit when riding?

would you know your mates next of kin details or blood group or allergies in an emergency?

My job means i would have all of these details on hand for my whole team and these details are also kept in the control room. we would just have to send a brief message including a code for each individual and the correct medical care would make its way to us. I have never thought to use this system when out with my mates.

it seems like a sensible thing to do when out with your mates.

Comments