Cube frame issues

Paulzinho
Paulzinho Posts: 4
edited September 2015 in Road general
Hi All,

My first post here and I wish it could be on a better topic but I was hoping that you may be able to offer some advice to a fairly new road cyclist.

Back in June I bought a Cube Litening C68 pro from my LBS however last weekend I lost all tension in my front derailleur cable. I took the bike back to the shop and it looks as though the entire cable is pushing through the front head tube mount and entering the frame. The shop have told me that I'm probably going to need a new frame (which would be covered under warranty) however I wondered if anyone else here has had any dealings with Cube as I've heard that the frames are made in batches to order so the likelihood of them having a spare replacement frame in my size is quite remote. With it being Eurobike this week I'm probably not going to get an answer back from Cube until the middle of next week so in the meantime I wanted to see if anyone else had been in a similar situation and what was the outcome.

Cheers, Paul.

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    If it is under warranty they'll have to replace it if there is an issue with the frame. You'll have to go through who you got the bike from though I think. worst case scenario they give you a new frame, best case scenario you'll get a new bike!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Looks like Cube have updated their website and my Litening C68 Pro is not longer available in its current build. Hopefully I'll find out what they will do this week!
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    The contract is with the shop, so its up to them to sort the issue out in a reasonable amount of time. If they can't then you can ask for a refund - the benefit you have received. Chances are though you'll end up with an upgrade.

Be nice but persistent.
  • Thanks for the advice guys.. looks like my persistent (but nice) phone calls have worked and a new frame is apparently on its way from Germany and should arrive at the shop on Thursday.

With a bit of luck all of the components and parts will be taken off the faulty frame and put onto the new one over the weekend so I should get the bike back early next week.

Can't wait to get back on the bike... let's just hope the current good weather lasts long enough for me to enjoy it 8)