Sherwood Pines Red Route

JustinLeeAtkinson
JustinLeeAtkinson Posts: 335
edited September 2015 in Cyclocross
Is this advisable on a cross bike? I'm new to cross and have already had a pinch flat from hitting a rock on an off road trail.

Comments

• I've ridden the Red route a lot on a MTB and own a cross bike. It's possible to ride the red route on a cross bike but you would have to get off a few times on some of the rocky sections (or really slow down). I've often thought about doing it on my cross bike so let us know how yo fair!
  • I've ridden the red route on my cross bikeand other than one rocky slab (which I rode down, but can be avoided to the left) I can't recall any difficulties. My kids rode it aged 7, so it is pretty easy. The blue routes at Glentress are much harder, for example.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Took my CX bike to Glentress and Innerleithin last year and rode most of routes, blue, red and black - rode many again this year and couldn't believe that I'd ridden some trails without seriously stacking it - particularly Caddon Bank! Just as well as I was riding blind and didn't know what was coming. The GT blues on a CX bike are a blast - after coming down Spooky Woods, I'd take Betty Blue, Blue Velvet and Berm Baby Berm. Fatter rubber really helps - regular CX tyres on the rocky stuff are asking for trouble.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..