Alternatives to Wiggle

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,099
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
hi there

Over the years I've bought most of my stuff from Wiggle. I've also had the odd bit from Ribble and CRC, even Evans got a look in.

Anyway, now I'm after some simple bits but Wiggle's out of stock on one of them so am after an alternative. Needs to have a simple (and free) returns policy as I might get some clothes, and sizing is always a lottery!

Any recommendations?

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• CRC if you are a member of BC. The 10% discount is a genuine one.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Merlin Cycles
    Pro bike Kit
    CRC

Prendas (kit, well some kit)
    The few german sites that get bounced around. Time may exclude simplicity
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,099
    CRC if you are a member of BC. The 10% discount is a genuine one.

I am a BC member so will take a look - thanks

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Wiggle are very good however, I always check Ribble and Merlin when buying bike stuff. ProBikit can sometimes be good, but I find less so than the others mentioned.

Peter
  • I'm in Canada and everything seems to be cheapest on Ribble. Also tried Evans, CRC, Merlin. Ribble also seems to ship the fastest and I do not recall ever paying duty on a purchase. Duty seems to be 50/50 for the other shops. Never understood why UK based websites are so much cheaper, but they are. No VAT helps I guess, but there seems to be a large margin between UK and US sites.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,592
    If you are after free returns, online wise as far as I am aware you are down to crc, wheelies, koo bikes, and bike-discount. Be interested to know if people know of any others.

Others I will use if there is a store local for free returns, are evans or halfords.

Having said that, if the bargain is big enough, more than happy to take the hit for return cost, just look for the cheapest carrier. Recently myhermes have been used extensively for £2.80 a pop, with no fails.
    Shame they just reduced standard cover from £50 to £25 but there we go, you can increase it for a small charge.
    Collect+ also worth a look.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    http://www.sigmasport.co.uk I've used these guys a couple of times and they seem fine.

That said have you tried Googling what you need and then click shopping which then takes you to a multitude of different suppliers.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I'm using tredz quite a bit these days. They have a lot of vouchers floating around and there is always a £5 off £50 available. Reminds me of wiggle 2-3 years ago.

That said, I've no loyalty, whoever from Wiggle, CRC, Tredz, HighOnBikes, Merlin etc. have the best price will get my money.