Who rides a gt full suspension?

powell7
powell7 Posts: 47
edited August 2015 in MTB general
Hi guys
Iv been saving and saving to buy a new bike.
Now I need a little help on which model to get. I ride single track and xc. Little jumps but nothing major.
Should I get a helion or sensor?
If anyone has either, how is it and would you recommend it?
Thanks chris

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Why limit yourself to GT?

GT FS bikes in the past have been pretty poor to be honest, the Helion is meant to be much better but still rather 'beefy'.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    The athertons ride GT bikes, thats actually all I've ever seen online :lol:
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    try one before you buy and try some other brands as well. I have tried a few at a demo day, their rear suspension design works well on the downhill bike but feels all wrong on the trail and XC bikes. They really don't pedal well, feels like the chain is made from elastic, strange.
  • powell7
    Why limit yourself to GT?

GT FS bikes in the past have been pretty poor to be honest, the Helion is meant to be much better but still rather 'beefy'.

I fell inlove with the design of the sensor. I have upto £1500 and have had a look on line.the giant stance and trance look a good bike. Any recommendations?
  • powell7
    try one before you buy and try some other brands as well. I have tried a few at a demo day, their rear suspension design works well on the downhill bike but feels all wrong on the trail and XC bikes. They really don't pedal well, feels like the chain is made from elastic, strange.

I haven't riden one yet. Do you mean the new idrive system they are using feels strange?
    I have a gt hardtail and a 96 rts 3 which have served me well so that's why I automatically looked at the newer gt's.
    The new verb looks good for the price and that is apparantly using the original idrive system but again iv never ridden one of them so can't comment
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I-drive is pretty horrible.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Only ridden one I-drive, phenomenally heavy, people go through a lot of dog bones on the older ones and it was torrid to ride.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.