What wheel/wheels for chris boardman 650b

Dave-Greenock
Dave-Greenock Posts: 20
edited August 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi im just wondering if i can buy any 27.5 inch mtb wheel for my baordman ?

Looking to replace the front wheel and have a budget of around £100

Long story short, bike was on car rack today and tyre was touching exhaust melting the tyre and innertube to the wheel, my mistake and didnt notice until i got to where i was going ive cleaned the wheel up and replaced tyre and tube everythings fine now but just wanto repalce the wheel anyway.

Would this do the job ? I do 80-90% single tracks and am not far of 16 stone if that helps and if the link doesnt work the wheel is a pro build xm319 disc rim deore front wheel.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It should be fine but if you want to replace it anyway you just need to make sure the wheel has the right hubs to suit your frame and fork. I have no idea what size that is on your bike.
    Shimano or Hope wheels would be my choice. I have had fairly negative experience of Superstar hubs so would avoid them.
  • No problem il do some research thanks mate
  • Checked on halfords the size of the hub is 9mm QR 32 hole, so if anyone could point me in the direction on a new front wheel via link or the name i would greatly appreciate it.

Reason being i had to clean the wheel up with a dremmel so not sure how reliable its going to be now there wasnt any damage to the wheel but had to take some of the paint of to show bare metal while removing the melted rubber.