Garmin Edge 200 - Courses

Snakebite the 2nd
Snakebite the 2nd Posts: 452
edited August 2015 in Commuting chat
Having recently acquired a Garmin Edge 200 I was eager to set up some courses and transfer them to the 200.
I have managed to do this with, I have even ridden said courses and saved them to the device.
However.............
I cannot get the connect software on the computer to recognise the saved courses on the device.
What am I doing wrong?

If I go around these courses after pressing "ride" then save them, I have no issues.

Note:
What I am trying to do is save my route to work as a course then compare over time the data.
Is this actually possible?

Comments

• fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    Saving your route as a course won't help you to analyse the data over time. The only data you'll get that will change is average speed, time taken and the segments along the route (unless there's an eathquake that changes the size of any hills).
    To analyse the data just look at your Strava ride history , you can see your times along the various segments plotted on a graph.
    To see your whole commute as one segment create that segment and keep it private. That way you'll be able to see how exactly how you're doing every day.

PS It gets boring seeing the same route every day on your Strava activity feed. The only time it gets interesting is when you manage to draft something large along a nice segment or strong tail wind.
  • Thanks.