Picking up the new bike tomorrow!!!

stuffyramirez
stuffyramirez Posts: 12
edited August 2015 in Road general
Hi guys, to say exited is an understatement!!!

After several months of searching and reading reviews I opted for Kuota Kyral which is being built for me in my LBS, I am having Campagnolo Athena fitted too.

I will be taking across my Zondas and Fizik saddle from my entry level Cinelli aluminium bike (I will add cheaper wheels and saddle for winter use)

I really wanted to continue using Campagnolo having tried Shimano recently, the choice really limited 'off the shelf' bikes within my price range. Having decided that a bike fitting was the best place to start with my LBS suggested that they could put together a great bike with my choice of groupset using a Kuota frame.

I hadn't come across Kuota before and preceded with researching the brand and specifically the Kyral frame. 4 weeks of researching ended with me placing the order last week, will pick up tomorrow with a huge smile on my face.

Another bonus is that my research inspired the other half to invest in an entry level road bike which she seems to love, she already has more cycling attire than I have!!!!

Her disappointment is that my old saddle (which I adore) will be fitted to the new bike, in her words its the wrong colour and needs to be black/ graphite and red to match!!!!

For a peaceful life I may have to take the plunge and buy a new saddle too :P

Let you know how it goes!!!!

Nick

Comments

• Joeblack
    Joeblack Posts: 829
    Cool story bro...
    One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    great stuff, enjoy!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    Hi there, I'm a bit confused - is your old saddle that you adore going on your new bike or your wife's new bike?