Sram red on a scott CR1 pro..

turbo1191
turbo1191 Posts: 501
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
Im thinking of changing my groupset from ultegra to full sram red. Just wondering what bottom bracket i would require.. is it a gxp or a bb30? :?

Comments

• Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    It'll be either GXP or Pressfit depending on which BB your CR1 has.
  • turbo1191
    Hmm. That's the problem.. I'm not sure. Bought the frame from westbrooks and it was supplied with the frame..
  • turbo1191
    Just had o look at my invoice.. It looks like it was a press fit bb86..
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    When I bought my CR1 SL from them they fitted a BB86 adaptor so I could continue to run my GXP SRAM crankset (force in this case). Cost @ 25 quid as I recall. Has run fine with it ever since being originally built up.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    My CR1-SL came from Westbrooks with a Shimano Press-fit BB installed in the BB86 shell. Which was fine because I use Shimano cranksets and like to swap them occasionally.

If you've been running Ultegra I Imagine you have the same?

Do you have the Red groupset yet? If not, you need to make sure you get the crankset that will be compatible with your BB shell. Don't think the BB30 version will fit.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Exactly
    GXP with a. BB86 adaptor....
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • turbo1191
    Thanks guys.. spent hours on google and as above it looks like its a gxp with a bb86 adaptor.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    If your CR1 has a pressfit BB you'll require a SRAM GXP pressfit BB... Not an adaptor, these are available at CRC for about £24. I had the same frame.
  • turbo1191
    Great.. Thanks Bozman.
  • are the sram ones from chain reaction any good. reading a couple of the reviews a lot of people dont rate them. is there any other options?