SRAM Red 2011 Shorter Cranks

Bazeyuk
Bazeyuk Posts: 9
edited August 2015 in Road buying advice
Hello,

I have a bike with SRAM Red 2011 (10 speed) with 172.5mm cranks. Finally realised that I need shorter cranks after trying them on another bike and really liking it. One step closer to solving my knee pain.

Does anyone have a similar/shorter GXP chainset for sale/swap?

Thanks,

David.

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    How short were the other cranks ? Was it set up exactly the same ? Same saddle etc ?

I can't tell any difference between crank lengths on my bikes.
  • Bazeyuk
    My other bike has a 165mm cranks (Sram Force 22). It's more aero and is set up for time trails.

Old bike is a lightweight sportive style that is great for climbing.

Shorter cranks seem to work for me on the new bike, good results and a lot less knee pain. It feels as though I can push further round the rotation of the cranks.

When I go back to my old bike I can feel the dead spots as I push and the old knee pain is in there somewhere.

So with this in mind trying shorter cranks on the old bike would be nice. Don't want to break the bank on a new group-set just yet as generally its all in good working order.

Thanks,

David.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Shorter cranks = higher saddle
    Net aero loss for most regardless of what Cervelo and other triathletes tell you.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    There is a Wanted section in the Classifieds area of the forum.
  • gusm41
    gusm41 Posts: 92
    Keep an eye out on ebay I managed to get 2 new sram red crank sets 167.5 for £50 from pro bike kit ebay shop.
  • Bazeyuk
    Keep an eye out on ebay I managed to get 2 new sram red crank sets 167.5 for £50 from pro bike kit ebay shop.

That would be exactly what I'm looking for.

Fingers crossed I see something.

Thanks,

David.
  • Bazeyuk

That would be exactly what I'm looking for.

Fingers crossed I see something.

Thanks,

David.