creaking / vibration

jamie4759
jamie4759 Posts: 117
edited August 2015 in Road buying advice
Hello all. I have a creaking/clunking noise which only occurs on the climbs (under load?) and it is not with every revolution of the pedals. I have also noticed on some recent rides that I have been suffering from some vibration through the bars and into my hands, and this recently happened on the turbo as well, which has never occurred before. I am in the process of putting new cleats in my shoes and I use different wheels on the turbo compared to the road. There is also vibration going through the bike when pedalling in a big gear on the turbo, especially in the high resistance turbo settings. I can only assume that it is the pedals but they seem fine when spinning along on the flats. They are Look Keo Blade Carbon CrMo Pedals 16Nm which are around one year old. My wheels are Ksyrium SLS which are new, and the hand builts I use are Open Pro with an Ultegra hub. A local mechanic checked the BB, and greased the pedals and they were fine. He also checked the bolts on the bars and stem. Any ideas?

Regards

Jamie

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,222
    Have you checked for play in the headset?
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    I recently purchased a pair of Bont Vapour + shoes, I use the same pedals as you and I also had a creaking. It was unbearable at times and I was struggling to find the problem. In the end I posted on here and someone told me to oil my cleat and pedal face ! it worked a treat. I also checked my pedals tightness.

Sorry I can't help with the vibration ! Hope this helps.