Before I buy these wheels?...

-liam-
-liam- Posts: 1,831
edited August 2015 in Road buying advice
Can somebody say yay or nay with a view on them or an alternative please?

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/road-bike-wheel-set-28700-c--xtreme-airline-4--shimano-tiagra/aid:202991

I've a giant defy 5. Been commuting/weekend riding on it for over a year. Think I've covered a couple of thousand miles on it and over the summer I've been doing 80-100 mile a week rain or shine since I ditched the car. It's done me proud to be fair.

I'm a fairly big chap. Around 118kgs, although I was 135 at the beginning of the year.

I'm still on the original wheels which I've maintained myself regularly, due to my weight but they manage fine, until today. Broke my first spoke in my rear wheel on the drive side and I wonder if a bit of fatigue may cause a few more to break in the near future. So tomorrow, I've got to faff around getting to the bike shop on my mountain bike on the one day off I've got this week for one spoke. So, I want another set of wheels. Nothing expensive. Not fussed about weight, just robust and reliable and capped at £100! I would like them to be an upgrade on the current giant sr-4 wheels I'm currently running if that's possible.

Cheers.

Comments