FSA K Force Light BB386

Glassback
Glassback Posts: 11
edited August 2015 in Workshop
Hi, I'm thinking of getting an FSA K Force Light BB386 and fitting it to my BB30 using the small adapter caps. However, if I've done my math right the cranks will sit an extra 8mm proud of the frame. I'm wondering if anyone has fitted these and if it has affected the adjusting of the front dérailleur or the angle of the chain (especially big ring front to, say, 3rd biggest at back). Thanks

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Hi, I'm thinking of getting an FSA K FORCE LIGHT BB386 and fitting it to my BB30 using the small adapter caps. However, if I've done my math right the cranks will sit an extra 8mm proud of the frame. I'm wondering if anyone has fitted these and if it has affected the adjusting of the front dérailleur or the angle of the chain (especially big ring front to, say, 3rd biggest at back). Thanks

I did things slightly differently to you, but that there were no problems so might give you some confidence it will work. I stuck a Rotor 3D crankset in a BB386 using the FSA adapters and everything lines up perfectly. Conversely, I put the FSA BB386 crankset into the winter/home trainer (English thread) using an FSA BB386 and again no problems.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Thanks philthy appreciate that.