Reba fork year

markhusbands
markhusbands Posts: 85
edited August 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi anyone know what year my Reba forks are number on back of crown is
22T20068939? They look like 2013 model ones but the serial number would suggest 2012. Is their much difference in a 2012/2013 seal kit as I want to give them a full service before winter.

Tia

Mark
'I'll trek two please....!
To HT or not to HT is the question...

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    They can be a 13MY and made in 2012, just like 2016 bikes are already coming up for sale.

I believe all the seals are the same from 12 to 13 anyway.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Yea I purchased the bike 2013 so bet they are 2012, I'll get the 2012 service kit off eBay then.I did notice thel dust wiper seals are grey like mine so thats a sure sign. Looks like in later edition rebas they use black ones. Anyone serviced Rebas ? I've heard they are quire easy to work on?
  • The Rookie
    Black are interchangeable with grey and better, I have the blacks on my 09 SID.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I emailed SRAM tech UK email address, they are 2012 Rebas, I've printed off a 2013 Reba manual service , do u think this one will be ok to service my 2012's ? Also can you put the dust wiper seals in without using that special dust wioer installtion tool?

Thk

Mark
  • The Rookie
    I'm aware of no physical differences between the two, why not download the 12 manual and cross check?

No problem, hammer and a blunt ended drift and just tap them in moving round the edge as you go.