I can't find the correct bb

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited August 2015 in Road general
I have a de Rosa idol 2015 with ultegra di2 on the around the bb it says bb 386?? Yes but what make is it ???
I have had a search but I'm not sure what one I'm after I believe it's a holotech style that's push fitting

The one in there has done 1200 miles in all conditions

Any help please guys
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I d read this!

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/complete-guide-to-bottom-brackets-36660/

Then I would suggest looking at FSA , although from what it says on here I cant see why press fit 30 bearings wouldn't work.

The Axle diameter is still 30mm is it not. the 86 is a reference to the Axle Length ( or shell width when assembled) is the extra width over standard 68mm or 70mm (Italian) achieved by the bearings or the actual bottom bracket shell width of the frame?

You might be better off asking the question in Workshop!
  • sigorman85
    Brill cheers for the info and help
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    "The one in there has done 1200 miles in all conditions "

Please tell me you're not having to replace the BB after 1200 miles :shock:
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    Yeah BB386 is FSA but you'll need to establish whether it's press-fit or BSA threaded as both kinds are catered for. My bike has BB386 in BSA threaded - when either the chainrings or the BB are done I'll swap it out for a Shimano chainset/BB.

1200 miles is poor for a BB but I've had that sort of figure out of Tiagra ones - they're rubbish.
  • sigorman85
    To be honest il never spend £3699 on a bike again as I fine a 1500 bike lasts longer