Hello to you all (newbie to site here)

Jaykun85
Jaykun85 Posts: 4
edited August 2015 in MTB beginners
Hello to all you lovely Cyclists.

My Name is Jay I'm 29 and live in a little town of Northwich in Cheshire.

Thought i would do a big shout out to say hello as i have just joined. Not really been on a bike since i was like 18. Though i should mention that i am now 29.
So on my Pre Pre mid life crisis i bought myself a Scott Genius 750, and a Felt F6.
Mainly only been using the Scott recently i try to get out most days even if its just for a short ride.

Never been on a road bike before so that will be an experience. Im expecting many miss haps so i am thinking of going on a night ride when there is less traffic around my local area to get my confidence up.
The only question si should i go for all out Lycra look too?

Well Hello to you all and I'm sure you can all teach me a thing or too

Comments

• mattyfez
    mattyfez Posts: 638
    I've been biking for about a year after a 16 year hiatus.. And I'm loving it, buying a bike is the best purchase I've made in many years.

I wouldn't mention the 'L' word in the mountain bike section of the forum, you might get lynched! Just kidding!
    Wear whatever you're comfortable with.. Shorts /underwear is probably the first thing to think about.. The rest you can buy as you go along if you decide you need it.

Personally I don't have any bike specific clothing, but i don't do any Road cycling to speak of.. Just skate trainers or walking shoes, combat shots and what ever ratty t-shirt or short sleeve shirt is on hand.

A lightweight water proof jacket is a good idea, check out tkmaxx as they quite often have cheap outdoorsy jackets.