Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
edited October 2015 in Your mountain bikes
Well I did it.. A deal popped up I couldn't ignore... So with out further fuss

IMG_20150817_182122693.jpg
IMG_20150817_185354798.jpg
IMG_20150817_192540434.jpg

Few minor scuffs... But for the price I paid bargain

IMG_20150817_185434554.jpg

Dead chuffed.. Need to tighten the headset a bit and check the bolts over but tweeks chucked in a nice set of saint pedals for me which was nice

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Nice. You best ride very fast to make the most of it, proper race bike.
    Make sure you thread lock the pivot bolts, they are prone to working loose on Summums.
  • Thewaylander
    Nope I intend to ride it as slow as I can haha! In truth I probably suck too much for it.. But I always wanted to own one, the deal was so good! so its a bit of a toy really but will do my best to get better.
  • Thewaylander
    Make sure you thread lock the pivot bolts, they are prone to working loose on Summums.

Good advise its the same on the Dune as well.

Just trying to figure out the internal rim width to see if the 21mm rim tape I have is wide enough for a tubeless set up, or do I need to go find me some 25mm.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Pretty sure you'll need the 25mm tape for the rims, they're decently wide so I think 21mm would be on the skinny side.

My Foxy hasn't been to bad on the pivot front so far, I keep an eye on them but so far touch wood they've been fine. Bikes looking great btw, had a quick thrash on one and they're so smooth it's unreal. Our mechanic is racing the carbon one and loves it. Certainly a better colour than next years ones as well!
  • Thewaylander
    Cheers fella,

Thought you'd know :) figure get rid of the tubes and save a few 100g on the outside rolling, and puncture proof it a bit! will be at the FOD on the weekend, give a test and set it up a bit on the sus! and test out those lovely saint pedals too.. they feel very nice and look pimp!

Prob end up swapping the saint pedals to the Dune if I like them and just having the superstars on the Summum. seems silly letting the really expensive pedals sit on the cheaper bike haha.
  • rockmonkeysc
    If you can ride this slow it would almost be impressive, they're so easy to ride fast.
    Will you be doing some DH racing?
  • Thewaylander
    Nope racing holds no interest for me.. Just ride for fun
  • rockmonkeysc
    Fair enough. Racing isn't for everyone, I have give up now because of the expense and constant injuries.
    I would recommend trying a FoD winter race, they're cheap, relaxed, friendly and pretty good fun. Not at all serious.
  • Thewaylander
    Will keep that in mind..

Visited Lee at invisiframe today.. Got it wrapped, again awesome job so neat and tidy! Highly recommended
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    very good looking bike.

i like the idea of a DH bike but im so rubbish at riding there really is no point!
  • Thewaylander
    You and me both.. But I thought screw it.. Only live once.
  • Well got out on her on the weekend at FD, not the biggest DH routes but there are some nice Rooty steeper sections which I enjoy on the quieter side of the hill.

Mucho enjoyed the ride, very composed and just kept building speed as the afternoon passed by, just need to drop a weight on the springs as im a bit light for those on the machine as standard.. love it!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Just spotted this - nice looking bike. You don't see many DH rigs on here.

What model summum is it?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • 2015 base model :)

Nothing super fancy just a play bike I picked up for sub £2k so I couldn't argue for near a grand off the rrp..
  • Thewaylander
    IMG_20150927_133429345.jpg
  • Great Bike.. had the opportunity to try one and its amazing !!
    Congrats !!
  • rockmonkeysc
    You need some photos of it flying majestically through the air (with or without you) :-)
  • Thewaylander
    You need some photos of it flying majestically through the air (with or without you) :-)

That would definitely be with out! Have enjoyed riding it I must admit, I don't do it justice one bit... but I really don't care haha I really enjoy it for a bit of weekend fun.