Mondraker sizing?

clint29
clint29 Posts: 224
edited August 2015 in MTB buying advice
I'm currently riding a medium Orange alpine but have been looking at a Foxy. I'm 6' tall, will a medium Foxy be right or should I go for the large? Only asking due to Mondraker sizing and I'll be buying online. Cheers.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Depends on your body proportions and how you like your bike to fit. Get some test rides.
  • clint29
    Depends on your body proportions and how you like your bike to fit. Get some test rides.
    True. Looked at their sizing chart and it recommends a large was hoping for some owners feedback, thanks.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Nobody else knows your specific odd body shape. If you're spending that much at least sit on one first.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    You could get away on a medium as they are quite big bikes, but I'd be tempted to go for a large. Obviously it's impossible to say for you but riding a large Foxu myself at 6ft 1 I've found it fits really well and the ride is stunning, you won't be disappointed!
  • clint29
    You could get away on a medium as they are quite big bikes, but I'd be tempted to go for a large. Obviously it's impossible to say for you but riding a large Foxu myself at 6ft 1 I've found it fits really well and the ride is stunning, you won't be disappointed!
    Wasn't too sure if they were like the YT Capra's and you should move a size up? Just after general sizing advice and appreciate one size doesn't fit all.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Like I say the sizing comes on the big side, a medium Foxy is longer in cockpit than many large bikes and my large is bigger than some XL's, so you could ride a medium reasonably comfortably more than likely but I would definitely try to at least sit on one first.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Yarp what lawman says..

We are both similar heights, I'm a smidge taller and I ride the medium Dune.. Really is a try and see situation as its wholly dependant on body proportion.
  • clint29
    Thanks for your help everyone I've found a local dealer so popping in Saturday to see if I can get a demo on one.
    Cheers.
  • alexjim
    alexjim Posts: 48
    Hi all
    I am in the same situation I am looking to buy the foxy r I am 6ft2 I tried the Large and it feel ok but one person in the store say go with large and some else say buy the XL unfortunately they don't have Xl so can try that one this bike is a lot money so I want to get it right. I am looking to get this bike to ride mostly downhill and technical terrain, any help is appreciated but I understand we all have different measurements. Thanks
    Alex
    Alex