Overshoes for skinny blokes

Mr Dog
Mr Dog Posts: 643
edited August 2015 in Road buying advice
My shimano overshoes will need replaced as I plan ahead for the winter. Have never found a pair that didn't have the dreaded flappy ankles. Any recommendations for those of us with pipe cleaner legs? :D
Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,149
    My shimano overshoes will need replaced as I plan ahead for the winter. Have never found a pair that didn't have the dreaded flappy ankles. Any recommendations for those of us with pipe cleaner legs? :D

try castelli, what type are you looking for? insulating? waterproof?

they have umpteen different ones, some are too delicate (such as the nano)

but the neoprene diluvio 16 (the version with the zip) are pretty good, and if they hole you can easily repair them with black witch wetsuit goo
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    Thanks sungod.

Both summer aero/lycra - (grib grab) and winter softshell - (gore windstopper).

Not tried castelli.. the kit dosen't fit me too well in shorts and jerseys but hadn't thought of them for overshoes.
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • kayodot
    kayodot Posts: 143
    I have exceptionally skinny ankles, and the diluvios were an excellent fit (although the sole wore through after a less than a winter's commuting).

I was looking at this website earlier, they look very tight around the ankle, although I can't imagine a latex/rubberised material has an breathability.