Campy & Shimano Combo?

northpole
northpole Posts: 1,499
edited August 2015 in Road buying advice
Hope this hasn''t already been done to death.

I have a 2009/2010 Wilier Cento Uno which is fitted with Campy super record. Lovely bike but after several years playing about, I've concluded that the cable route to the rear deraileur cannot be made to work, no matter what I've tried. I got a new best bike last year so the Wilier is very much sitting unused and I wondered if there is any opportunity to fit an Ultegra 6870 groupset to achieve a reliable gear shift whilst retaining the campy crankset and avoid any faffing about with bottom bracket compatibility issues.

So my question is, would a campy SR crankset have any problems working with an Ultegra di2 gearset?

If there is no problem with that, would I also need to change over the brake calipers (that wouldn't bother me one way or the other).

I had thought about campy record eps but there seems to have been reliability problems with the wiring/ rear deraileur which, combined with the cost has steered me towards a fishing line solution!

Peter

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Chainsets and cranks are pretty well interchangeable, within the bounds of keeping the chainrings suitable for the number of gears. In terms of your cable routing, have you tried Nokon cables - fully sealed and work very well with tight turns.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..