Bell Event Helmet

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited August 2015 in Road buying advice
Just to say I bought one of these from Evans for £28! Now I know its not the best helmet out there but its so light and fits perfectly. I wanted a neon colour as I want the helmet to help make me vizable on the road. Tried the Mojito and Previal and the Bell was simply better for me in every way. Probably the first time in years I feel I paid the right price for a bit of kit rather than being mugged. Happy days!
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bell/event-helmet-ec100503?country=GB&currency=GBP&esvt=1526-GOUKE292648&esvq=&esvadt=999999-0-36750-1&esvcrea=61233491936&esvplace=&esvd=c&esvaid=50080&gclid=CLSCy5-LqccCFZQZtAodJZQPCg

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    There is no reason why a 200 pounds helmet should cost 10 times a 20 pounds helmet. As a matter of fact they are the same thing... same material, different mould. One could argue that a new mould has to be costed in, but I suspect the cost of a top of the range or bottom of the range mould are very similar and cheap helmets are cheap from day one.

So, it's all bollox really...
    left the forum March 2023
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    There is no reason why a 200 pounds helmet should cost 10 times a 20 pounds helmet. As a matter of fact they are the same thing... same material, different mould. One could argue that a new mould has to be costed in, but I suspect the cost of a top of the range or bottom of the range mould are very similar and cheap helmets are cheap from day one.

So, it's all bollox really...

I have come to realise that there is a lot of bollox in the cycling marketing world :roll: