Blame wiggle

spasypaddy
spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
edited August 2015 in Commuting chat
well bit of a shambles.

bought a jersey at the ride london stall. wasnt convinced by it at the time but thought id buy it anyway. at the time i asked the staff member if i didnt want it did normal wiggle returns policy apply. the answer was yes, if i didnt want it i could return it to the brand and get a full refund.

took it home, decided i didnt want it.

emailed and was told this:
Thanks for the inquiry and apologies for the issue you have encountered. Please feel free to return the unused item to us along with your receipt if you still have this, although you will not be able to create a return of this as it was not purchased though your Wiggle account. You can however also return the item as a gift return and we will refund you via a voucher which can be used towards any future purchases, the details of this can be found here: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/h/option/returns-uk. Apologies again for the inconvenience this has caused and I look forward to your reply.
Which to me implies that if i have the receipt then i can get a full refund. so i returned it with the receipts and a copy of the email.

yesterday i was credited with a gift certificate of £70

:|

What poor service.

Comments

• seajays
    seajays Posts: 331
    That is Wiggle's return policy though... (from the web page linked in your post)...

Event Item Returns

Unwanted Items

Items can often be exchanged at the event they were purchased from.

You may return unwanted items purchased at an event for a gift voucher credit or an exchange for a different size/colour.
    Cannondale CAADX Tiagra 2017
    Revolution Courier Race Disc '14
    My Strava
  • spasypaddy
    yes, but read the email i was sent. and the verbal confirmation from a member of their staff when i bought the product.
  • Non event. They gave you a gift voucher, so spend it on something else?

They're not legally required to accept returns of items bought in person anyway.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    The verbal confirmation isn't worth anything unfortunately.
    They're not obliged to give you a refund for something bought in person.

The policy says 7 days for a refund from that link
    You may return unwanted items purchased at an event for a gift voucher credit or an exchange for a different size/colour.

Items must be returned within 7 days of purchase with the original packaging.

All that said, given they told you at the event they'd give a refund then it's pretty annoying. Give them a buzz or follow up email. Mention (again) that you specifically asked the question at the event and bought the jersey based on the reply you were given. Would expect you'll get a result eventually.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Typical "big company reply".

I'm not commenting on the legal side as I'm not an expert, but from a consumer point of view it's great to have a "no problem sir" type answer.

It's this type of "over and beyond" service that generates loyalty, well it does with me anyway.
  • spasypaddy
    The verbal confirmation isn't worth anything unfortunately.
    They're not obliged to give you a refund for something bought in person.

The policy says 7 days for a refund from that link

Items must be returned within 7 days of purchase with the original packaging.

All that said, given they told you at the event they'd give a refund then it's pretty annoying. Give them a buzz or follow up email. Mention (again) that you specifically asked the question at the event and bought the jersey based on the reply you were given. Would expect you'll get a result eventually.
    ive gone with that and the disappointed in wiggle for their attitude on this. we shall see what happens.
    Typical "big company reply".

I'm not commenting on the legal side as I'm not an expert, but from a consumer point of view it's great to have a "no problem sir" type answer.

It's this type of "over and beyond" service that generates loyalty, well it does with me anyway.
    again i agree. will i ever buy anything in one of their pop up shops again? absolutely not.