Mavic inferno bib tights

scooterb
scooterb Posts: 90
edited August 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi all ,

Just wondered if anyones tried the Mavic inferno bib tights and how they size up ?

Im a 34" waist and 6ft tall so in most british made cycle clothing im usually an xl .

But looking at their size chart a uk XL equates to 38" - 40" waist , this seems to me rather large as the height seems to be right at 5' 11" - 6'.

Even the uk large is sized at 35" - 38" waist

Surely i cant go down to medium , the straps will never reach my shoulders .

Any info much appreciated ,

cheers scott.

Comments

• luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Not sure about the Infernos but I have the Mavic Equippes and Echappee bib tights (and shorts and bib knickers). Their sizing is very strange IME. I'm 5'9 tall, 37" chest and 33" (+) waist and I take large in Castelli shorts and bib longs, but a UK Small in Mavic!

I do like my Echappee windproof tights though, great fit and function. The Infernos should be similar quality with a good pad.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • scooterb
    Ok , thanks

So it seems that the sizing comes up larger than your actual size and maybe i would be better with the international size L which is a uk M .
    I only have one pair of Mavic red rock shorts in size international xl (uk L) and they are mahoosive on the waist so had to tighten em up with a couple of safety pins :lol:
  • Karlos69
    Karlos69 Posts: 107
    Wiggles virtual dressing room chose a L for me when I boughtan ALTURA jersey. It is a perfext fif so i woud suggest uing this facility
    Cannondale Killer V
    Trek 6500
    Cannondale Bad Boy
    LOOK KG176
    Giant TCR Composite 1
  • DrDavros
    DrDavros Posts: 62
    I've had a pair of these for a few years. They sizing is confusing and they come up very large.

The International Large / UK Medium (quoted on the label as Mavic L/G) WILL fit you. I'm 5ft 9 and 70kg (32 waist) and while I do have this size, they're actually too big for me - particularly in the legs, which are long (I fold them up over winter boots). There's ample room in there for a six-footer (unless the sizing has changed recently).

I'll measure them for you if you want (if I can remember where my winter kit is stashed)

BTW - very nice bibs. High-quality and VERY warm, even at silly-cold temps. The Inferno jacket is also a great piece of kit (and also on the large side).
  • scooterb
    Cheers drdavros, thats really helpful bud , if you can find them for measurements great if not no worries , im sold on them now.
  • DrDavros
    DrDavros Posts: 62
    Not the easiest things to measure given the complicated panel shapes . . .

All i can say is that laid flat, the inside leg is c. 31" but stretches easily to 33" with a gentle pull. There are no foot loops on these bibs, BTW, just zippers on the bottom of the legs.

The widest point of the body 'tube' looks to be about 32" in diameter at hip level, again that's 'unstretched' lycra with plenty of leeway in the material.
  • scooterb
    Excellent , thanks Drdavros thats really helpful mate :wink: