smmjrr
smmjrr Posts: 45
edited August 2015 in Road buying advice
Both new same price which one is better of the two bikes, many thanks

Comments

• letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608

They completely different in geometry therefore not really comparable - the Defy has a relaxed geometry which suits somebody with short reach and longer legs, the CAAD 10 has an aggressive geometry which suits somebody with long reach and short legs ( whilst being racier). The best bike is the one that fits you best.
  • bob6397
    bob6397 Posts: 218
    I would add that the Rose Sl-2000 is another alternative, and at £835 delivered, probably cheaper than both if you don't mind ordering online..

Full 5800 105, Mavic Aksium Wheelset, a comfy but stiff frame.. Best bike I have ever owned.. :)

bob6397
    Boardman HT Team - Hardtail
    Rose Pro-SL 2000 - Roadie
  • smmjrr

They completely different in geometry therefore not really comparable - the Defy has a relaxed geometry which suits somebody with short reach and longer legs, the CAAD 10 has an aggressive geometry which suits somebody with long reach and short legs ( whilst being racier). The best bike is the one that fits you best.

Many thanks one is racier than the other maybe should a have phrased it better, if someone had to pick one based on quality of frame and components which one would you pick, many thanks
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,222

Many thanks one is racier than the other maybe should a have phrased it better, if someone had to pick one based on quality of frame and components which one would you pick, many thanks

The dale is most likely a lighter frame than the Defy, component wise they are both shimano 11sp with in-house brand finish kit. Both will be nice to ride, I ride a 2013 Defy 0, I've only ever ridden a rigid cannodale MTB back in the early 90's, very light but too stiff for me off road, very nice smooth weld finished frame, I digress though.

No one can decide which is the best for you as they are not directly comparable geometry wise. You should go and try them both, buy the one that fits you best and that you prefer the look/feel of.
  • smmjrr
    many thanks can only try the Giant locally need to travel 60 minutes to try the Cannondale, might go with Giant as it will be first road bike, might take a trip down to try the Cannondale at weekend, might go for the extra comfort until I see how it goes,
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,222
    It is worth the time to go and view the dale if you are undecided.