Giant - dropper problems

james22b2
james22b2 Posts: 132
edited August 2015 in MTB beginners
Hi,
Got a 2015 Giant Trance Advanced 2 about two weeks ago and I am very happy with it in general so far.
However, the saddle has slipped three times in five rides (with a horrible loud crack, from a horizontal to a semi vertical position). There is also a small amount of left to right play which the shop says is normal with Giant droppers, because they only have one screw at the top.
Does anyone else have a Giant dropper and have the same issue?
Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Mine has a small amount of play left to right, it's pretty normal and doesn't effect it in use. I've also had the saddle rotate slightly. Doing the bolt up tighter sorted it however I'd use a bit of grease between the pieces that form the outer part of the rail clamps and the top of the post otherwise it sticks (I don't mean on the rail,clamps themselves but below it, remove the bolt ant there should be piece that comes off either side, grease the internal faces, should be apparent with e post in front of you)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That cross bolt design (this is based on experience with a different post but with the same sadlle retention) usually benefits from stripping down and a small amount of gripper paste between the post body and the sections that form the inner parts of the rail clamp, it also needs to be torqued up properly, not enough and it will slip.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.