what hubs are these?

sharpyt1
sharpyt1 Posts: 3
edited August 2015 in Workshop
Hi all,

Just picked up some Enve 35mm clinchers on ebay for £300, but the guy selling them was unsure what hubs they had been built with. Can anyone help ID them? They look like they could possibly by a DT Swiss 180 on the front and a 240 on the rear.

Ta!

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    I'll break your heart... they are Novatec 291/482, probably off Ebay

Are you sure the rims are genuine? Peel off the rim tape. Enve rims have what looks like a "patch" at one point in the rim bed
    left the forum March 2023
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    You can console yourself that £300 just about covers the cost of the parts and you got the Enve stickers for free!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    A pair of Enve wheels for £300?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • I'll break your heart... they are Novatec 291/482, probably off Ebay

Are you sure the rims are genuine? Peel off the rim tape. Enve rims have what looks like a "patch" at one point in the rim bed

Look to be real rims and cx ray spokes, but the hubs are definitely novatec after looking at some pics online. Thats a bummer!
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    They are not the worst hubs in the world, I just find it bizarre that somone invests 1.5 grand in a pair of rims and 50-100 quid in a pair of hubs... any builder with some common sense would advise to invest in good hubs on a pair of premium custom built wheels
    left the forum March 2023
  • sirmol
    sirmol Posts: 287
    They are not the worst hubs in the world, I just find it bizarre that somone invests 1.5 grand in a pair of rims and 50-100 quid in a pair of hubs... any builder with some common sense would advise to invest in good hubs on a pair of premium custom built wheels

...Unless he built them himself to move on :oops: :oops:
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    Rule number 1, never buy off eBay.