Which bike stand?

big_chris-2
big_chris-2 Posts: 2,098
edited August 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
In the market for a bike stand for general maintenace and cleaning. I've found the Park PCS10 online for £100 which looks decent enough, but I've just spotted this on the Merlin website:

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-tools-workstand-toolkit-49076.html

The reviews are pretty much all 5* which is obviously a good sign - and it comes with a toolkit, anyone got any experience with it?

The bike it'll be holding is an XL Canyon Spectral AL 8.0 EX so about 12.5kg It's full SRAM too so not sure any of the Shimano specific tools in the supplied kit will be of any use?
Something...

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Most the tools will work just fine, SRAM copy Shimano quite a lot!

Personally I find the utility floor works just fine so can't help with the stand.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • big_chris-2
    It was mainly the crank and cassette tools I was interested in, so I can remove them for a proper clean & service - will the tools included do the job then?
    Something...
  • PXR5
    PXR5 Posts: 203
    I bought the equivalent stand (X-Tools brand) from ChainReaction about a year ago and am well pleased with the quality of construction etc, the stand is easy to use one you work out how the jaws/cams tighten and release etc.. CRC still have the stand for about £60, i think i also have the same tool set bought seperately several years ago, again X-Tools for around £40 and its lasted well.
    Every time I go out, I think I'm being checked out, faceless people watching on a TV screen.....
  • big_chris-2
    Sounds good, as long as the tools will fit my SRAM bits.
    Something...
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    They will, yes.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.