Focus Izalco Max 0.0 2015

bigbeezer67
bigbeezer67 Posts: 24
edited August 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi folks,

I had an Izalco pro and had to get a new frame under warranty due to a little grommet or suchlike inside the frame wearing away and messing the outer of the gear cable up all the time.

So to my surprise Focus said they are sending me out a 2015 Izalco Max 0.0 2015 model frame as a replacement.

Anybody have one of these bikes? and how much do you think the frame is worth as i was thinking on selling it?

cheers

Comments

• Funny timing as one I've been watching on ebay has just ended. The Hungarian Focus dealer had one to clear (new with warranty) with a buy it now price of just £1k which seemed like a steal.

They also had a Make an Offer option as well so not sure what it finally went for (I cheekily bid £600 which was automatically rejected). As you probably know, although it's listed as an Izalco Max 3.0 they're all the same frame. This one might have been a slightly older year than yours (2014?) as it has a matte paint job.

As yours won't have a warranty I'd guess (they normally just apply to the original purchaser) you'd have to knock some off that. I've been told by people in the second hand business that 30% is the typical discount people want for that.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOCUS-IZALCO-MAX-3-0-CARBON-FRAME-Msize-54cm-/111713736010

You'd also have to factor in whether yours was a popular size and if it's the Di2 only version whether that would hurt or help the price. Maybe not the answer you were hoping for.
  • ok mate,

cheers
  • i would have had my bike 2 years in sept this year, it came with a 5 year warranty.
    They better not think they are palming me off with a new frame with no warranty at all on it..... coz that won't be happening. I expect them at the very least to honor the remaining 3 years of the original warranty or i will be demanding a full refund from them and they can shove their frame.
  • i would have had my bike 2 years in sept this year, it came with a 5 year warranty.
    They better not think they are palming me off with a new frame with no warranty at all on it..... coz that won't be happening. I expect them at the very least to honor the remaining 3 years of the original warranty or i will be demanding a full refund from them and they can shove their frame.

Your warranty will be fine (I think they confirm that it doesn't get reset so you do "just" get 3 years from now not 5), it's just that it wouldn't pass to anyone you sold it to.

Focus are funny with warranty upgrades. A clubmate was in a similar situation to you, he had a Cayo which they replaced under warranty with an Izalco so he was delighted. That developed a fault and they replaced that with a Cayo so he was back to where he started from!

Your warranty will be fine (I think they confirm that it doesn't get reset so you do "just" get 3 years from now not 5), it's just that it wouldn't pass to anyone you sold it to.

Focus are funny with warranty upgrades. A clubmate was in a similar situation to you, he had a Cayo which they replaced under warranty with an Izalco so he was delighted. That developed a fault and they replaced that with a Cayo so he was back to where he started from!

weird eh :?
  • also they told me that this new frame is gonna be black, not overly keen on black tbh so hence the reason on trying to maybe sell it? it would have settled for a replacement white/black izalco tbh as it was a beautiful bike.
  • cc.cycle
    cc.cycle Posts: 29
    not really sure why you are complaining about this as they are sending you their top spec road frame, its a definite upgrade, to buy the bike new costs over £7000

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/focus-izalco-max-0-0-15?CAWELAID=120204690000002915&CAGPSPN=pla&gclid=COa0l8rMoMcCFeHMtAodXmYE2A#sthash.SWCFeuJJ.dpbs

If I were you I would be happy that your out of date frame is getting the latest tech!