Praise for my Local Bike Shop - Pedal It Lee High Road

woodyonthebeach
woodyonthebeach Posts: 583
edited August 2015 in Commuting general
My Local bike on Lee High Road deserves a little bit of praise.

I have only been living back in the UK about 8months now and havent really been getting about to much on bikes for one thing or another.

Pedal It (http://www.pedal-it.co.uk/store/index.php) (288-290 Lee High Rd, Lewisham, London SE13 5PJ) have been there when I have needed them. None of this hassle with booking bikes in you simply drop off your bike they will then say when you can come and pick usually within the estimate they give you when you drop it in. They do quick jobs despite being stacked out of the door with other bikes they are working, everybody gets the same quality of service and a quick chat whilst they do the work. The prices are super reasonable well to me anyway.

They are open from 0830 to 1730 Monday to Saturday

They don't hold a lot of stock (they are actively working to change this, each time I go in they have something else I notice)However if they don't have it, they can get it for and if not they will always try and help out.

The only thing the shop needs is a beer fridge (this might be hidden away) and dog. Every shop needs a dog :-)

I appreciate everybody has their own opinion and this is mine. I am in no way connected to the shop apart from being a satisfied customer who like bikes of any sort and they have helped me out with this bank account draining activity.
The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now

Comments

• Nice one.

It is nice to see that people are supporting local shops. I think this has fallen off a bit due to the Internet.
    I agree with saving a bit of cash, but sometimes you need somewhere where you can walk in and deal with real people.