-17/73 degree stem!

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
edited August 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi all, I am hoping someone can help.

I want try a lower handlebar position on my bike, as I have become fitter I feel I can go lower.

At present the stem I have is -10/80 degree and I gave no spacers under it, so am looking for a decent -17/73 degree stem in 110mm length to fit 31.8mm bars.

Can't't find one anywhere, so am hoping one if you kind people can possibly help.

Thanks
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    3T Arx Pro, version I or II come in 17 degree with the original now rather hard to find.
  • borisface
    borisface Posts: 273
    Deda pista newton is another alternative. Bear in mind that a lower handlebar position is going to mean that the bars are further away from the saddle, so the reach will be longer.
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    If you want Merlin have them available, but if you want to try you could always get an adjustable stem from say Decathlon and then see if it works for you (about 25% of the price). If you need to go lower youcan then try that as well.

As other have said you will need to make sure you see how the reach is affected. FWIW Zipp now offer a 15 degree stem as part of their service course range if you do need to go lower
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • Thomson Elite X2 stems come in a 17 deg version too, and are very nice.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Thanks all, stopped off at my LBS and they happened to have a Felt variable degree one knocking about.
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    3T on eBay £22 plus postage, item 252051833099