Helmet for "in between" size

bsharp77
bsharp77 Posts: 533
edited August 2015 in Road buying advice
Ive been thinking of getting a Giro Synthe, but just looking at the sizing I have the same problem I have with my current helmet. My head measures 59cm, putting me at the max of a medium and the min of a large.

I have a Lazer Blade at the minute in medium - it fits, but is very tight and theres no way I could get a winter cap underneath. I had a large at first, but it was just far too big and settled for the medium.

Does anyone know of any make/model that has a different cut off point in size - i.e: perhaps a medium that goes up to 60cm so that I would have a nice close fit, but with room for a cap when required.

Any options considered - and the less "mushroomy" the better! :lol:

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Stop looking at pictures and go to a shop or two and try a load. Helmets have many different shapes and sizes (even from the same manufacturers) so some will fit and some won't. You will be astounded by how different they all feel and that one or two will be significantly better - and those are obviously the ones that you then choose from.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    Yeah, I know trying them is the best thing - but getting time to go up to London and then finding a shop with a wide range is a real pain in the behind.
    Im sure I can't be the only one who has found this problem - so any suggestions here would help me narrow down the field, so I can then target a shop that has all the prospective helmets to try.