Planet X Rollers

englander
englander Posts: 232
edited August 2015 in Road buying advice
I'm planning a bit in advance here, but I'm looking at some sort of indoor training method to keep me ticking over in the winter when my outside training plummets off a cliff.

My requirements are:
-Offers some capacity for training (i.e. I ruled out non-resistance Tacx ANtares rollers which supposedly spin out before any real resistance builds up)
-Very non-disruptive. I live in a flat with a flatmate so I've ruled out noisy turbo trainers
-Lower end of the market. I'm envisaging a handful of hours per week over winter when the weather is too grim to sensibly go out

I've done some research on Google and this forum, and I've come across the Planet X resist rollers. From what I gather, they are essentially rebranded Sport Catchers rollers, which they also sell, and these in turn are what CycleOps rollers are based on.

Anyway, the Planet X ones some to fit the bill in terms of requirements and price - am I missing anything? Do these get discounted in the sales with any regularity or is £150 at the moment a good price? I'd also be open to 2nd hand.
Specialized Allez 2010
Strava

Comments