Rockshox Pike Lowers Service - Grease ?

pgodwin555
pgodwin555 Posts: 66
edited August 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,
Just ordering bits to do the lower service and I noted on SRAM service guide that I need to apply grease to the plastic seals either slick and kick or Sram butter. Before I go forking out money I have Weldite cycle Grease with Teflon (red colour) at home would it be perfectly fine to use this?

Many Thanks
Paul

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Depends on the exact spec and what additives are in it, but it will probably be fine, the lower the friction the better (so teflon additive helps).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks, Its the TF2 weldtite, i had a look on their website and says ok to use on suspension systems and as its such a small amount that is added hopefully it be ok. I just never read anyone using this grease for their fork service and wasn't 100% sure if it be safe.

TF2 Bike Grease with Teflon®
    High performance specially formulated red grease with Teflon® Surface Protector for on and off road requirements.
    Teflon® based high lubricity and low friction
    Longer lasting than most other greases
    Suitable for use on suspension systems
    Compatible with Weldtite Grease Gun and most other makes
    Surface temperature from -30 to +130°C
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Suitable for suspension probably means bushes, but I would say it will probably be fine anyway.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Used it on my Sids and they're still perfect