Mega tr crc ???

kyle17290
kyle17290 Posts: 261
edited August 2015 in MTB buying advice
Nearly pulled the trigger on one of these frames last night as crc has them 750. Crc has them titled as 2014 but upon clicking on the three colour options the yellow one appears to have a gusset of some sort between the seat tube and toptube whereas the silver and black dont. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    CRC probably can.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • the picture of black and silver are the smallest frame size.

The yellow picture is a bigger frame size. longer seat tube needs support.
  • kyle17290
    Cheers who knew it would be something as logical and simple as that.
  • kyle17290
    Any other frame suggestions similar to the mega tr.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    On-one have the El Guapo 29er up for £399 (or 299 without a shock leaving you free rein to choose), you could build it as a 29 or a 27.5 with larger volume tyres. They also have the Rockstar 29 on clearance at the more trail/XC orientated end of the line up.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    El Guapo flexes like a bitch though, I would rather pay the extra for the Mega TR.
    I had a Mega tr for 18 months, it's pretty good. I abused mine a lot and it survived well. The paint is a bit crap, chips very easily and a bit soft. The rear suspension is really harsh with very poor high speed damping. Fitting a Debonair air can to the shock will help but a decent shock is the way to go.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I just knew you would say that RM, and it may well be true, but there are lots of people who like the EG frame, none of the reviews I've seen mention it (admittedly on the 26" frame which is the size I thought you tried though?).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I tried a 26" but the 29er is only going to be worse.
    If you don't ride hard you will never notice it.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I tried a 26" but the 29er is only going to be worse.
    If you don't ride hard you will never notice it.

Saucer of milk, table two.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.