Lightinthebox.com

moefoemil
moefoemil Posts: 254
edited January 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi all,
I've been looking to buy a plain matte black carbon seatpost (like the ones from China and Alibaba etc) and have come across a few on a website called lightinthebox.com. has anyone had any dealings with this company?
I've never purchased anything from China and am a bit worried that it might go pear shaped because it would be a pain in the ar@e if I had to return anything.
If anyone has knowledge of this company or if you know of any other good retailers who stock plain matte black carbon seatposts your help would be appreciated because for some reason it seems to be impossible to get a seatpost like this in the UK or Europe.
Many thanks.
Gareth
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day

Comments

• norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    My wife bought all her bridesmaid dresses from there in 2011. No problems at all, great quality but she did get stung for 80 quid customs charges!
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    You'll find the same thing cheaper on Aliexpress.com or DHgate.com , the prices on Lightinthebox.com are abit inflated. I would bet all the stuff they sell are all coming from the same sources. There are also product reviews and seller feedback scores on those sites.

Bought lots of stuff from China over the years. Never had anything not turn up and anything that wasnt quite right was sorted without fuss.

If it isnt what you want. It will be much cheaper to just sell it on over here than to send it back to China.
  • Lightinthebox is a good store for online shopping. However, some products from their offer are poor quality. You can check Lightinthebox review at ChinaSafeImport.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    i got one from Amazon for £9 with free p & p on Prime - plain matt black no frills no problems.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • moefoemil wrote:
    am a bit worried that it might go pear shaped because it would be a pain in the ar@e if I had to return anything.

Could be quite literally 'a pain in the @rse' when your cheapo carbon seatpost snaps as you're riding along :lol:
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™