Bottom Bracket

titchlmd
titchlmd Posts: 10
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi

I need a new BB for my Shimano 105 groupset the crank is model 5750 but I'm unsure which Bottom Bracket I need. Not looking to spend loads or looking for anything thats exra special like light weight I just don't know which Shimano BB is compatible.

Thanks

Comments

• springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    Hi

I need a new BB for my Shimano 105 groupset the crank is model 5750 but I'm unsure which Bottom Bracket I need. Not looking to spend loads or looking for anything thats exra special like light weight I just don't know which Shimano BB is compatible.

Thanks

BB is generally related to frame and chainset.. what is the bike?
    Simon
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Unless you already have the necessary tools, or intend to buy them in order to maintain your bike yourself, then I'd just head down to the LBS.

But if you want to learn check out the Park Tools website, it'll have all the information you need.

http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/categories/bottom-brackets
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    FYI, if it's a threaded BB then these are very simple to replace... takes 5-10 mins.
    Simon
  • titchlmd
    titchlmd Posts: 10
    Hi

Thanks

BB is generally related to frame and chainset.. what is the bike?

I know it's been a year but I have since changed my bike frame for a 2013 Focus Cayo and still have the same crank set to fit to it.

Any ideas what BB I would need. Thanks
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,222
    It will depend on whether your bike has a threaded BB shell, or is a smooth bore pressift type and which standard it is. Can you provide a link to the bike? Looking on the web it appears to be a PF 30, what BB is fitted to the bike now?

Edit I have just found your other post in the Workshop forum and have posted some information for you. This will get confusing running two posts on the same subject, so I suggest you reply to your other post in the Workshop, same for anyone else who might want to contribute, the title of the other post is Focus Cayo fitting Help Shimano 105.